Advantan No Prescription
Advantan is a corticosteroid. Advantan is prescribed to treat inflammation of the skin, joints, lungs, and other organs. Common conditions treated include asthma, allergies, and arthritis.
Advantan is prescribed for adjunctive therapy for short-term administration in rheumatoid arthritis.
Certain cells in the body release chemicals which cause inflammation.
Advantan works by stopping the release of these chemicals and by doing so reduces inflammation.
Advantan is prescribed for other conditions, such as blood disorders and diseases of the adrenal glands.
Advantan belongs to a class of drugs known as corticosteroids which are more commonly known as steroids.
Some injections of Advantan are prescribed to relieve inflammation in painful and swollen joints.
Advantan is prescribed in combination with a local anaesthetic such as lidocaine.
Advantan is contraindicated if you have any of the following conditions:
- Cataracts or glaucoma;
- Heart disease;
- High blood pressure;
- Infection including tuberculosis;
- Low calcium or potassium levels in the blood;
- Recent surgery;
- Stomach or intestinal disease, including colitis;
- Thyroid problems;
- An unusual or allergic reaction to Advantan, corticosteroids, benzyl alcohol, other drugs, foods, dyes, or preservatives;
- Pregnant or trying to get pregnant;
Do not take Advantan with any of the following drugs:
- Radiopaque contrast agents;
- Aspirin and aspirin-like drugs;
Advantan Side Effects
Advantan side effects that you should report to your health care professional or doctor as soon as possible:
- Allergic reactions like skin rash, itching or hives, swelling of the face, lips, or tongue;
- Bloody or tarry stools;
- Changes in vision;
- Eye pain or bulging eyes;
- Fever, sore throat, sneezing, cough, or other signs of infection, wounds that will not heal;
- Increased thirst;
- Irregular heartbeat;
- Muscle cramps;
- Pain in hips, back, ribs, arms, shoulders, or legs;
- Swelling of the ankles, feet, hands;
- Trouble passing urine or change in the amount of urine;
- Unusual bleeding or bruising;
- Unusually weak or tired;
- Weight gain or weight loss;
- Changes in emotions or moods;
- Constipation or diarrhea;
- Irritation at site where injected;
- Nausea, vomiting;
- Skin problems, acne, thin and shiny skin;
- Trouble sleeping;
- Unusual hair growth on the face or body;
Advantan Other Brand Names:
- Predni N Tablinen;
- Medrol Dosepak;
- Medrol Adt Pak;
- Medlone 21;