Bactroban No Prescription
Bactroban is prescribed for the treatment of impetigo, a bacterial infection of the skin.
Bactroban Side Effects
Bactroban side effects that you should report to your health care professional or doctor as soon as possible:
Apply a small amount of this medication to the affected area 3 times a day. Cover the treated area with gauze if you want.
Bactroban Therapeutic actions: Bactroban is an antibacterial agent. Bactroban is produced by fermentation of the organism Pseudomonas fluorescens. It works against a wide range of gram-positive bacteria such as beta-hemolytic streptococci and methicillin-resistant St. Aureus and certain gram-negative bacteria . Bactroban works by inhibiting isoleucyl transfer-RNA synthetase . This enzyme is needed to produce bacterial proteins. Without the ability to produce proteins bacteria die.
Bactroban Prescription : Bactroban is presribed to treat:
- impetigo caused by Staphylococcus aureus or Streptococcus pyogenes
- infected eczema
Bactroban Contraindications and cautions: You should not use Bactroban ointment :
- if you have an allergy to mupirocin
You should talk with your health care provider prior to taking Bactroban:
- if you have liver disease
- if you have kidney disease
- if you are going to treat a burn or open wound
- if you are pregnant
- if you breastfeeding
- if you have any allergies to drugs, food, preservatives
- Avoid contact with the eyes
- Bactroban is not for use on mucosal surfaces
- Bactroban is for external use only.
- Long use of Bactroban can cause another infection
- You should use Bactroban with caution in infants
- You should use Bactroban the whole course of treatment. Do not stop using this medicine even if you feel better.
Bactroban Adverse effects: There are possible side-effects associated with this medicine that can affect individuals in different ways. If a side effect is stated here, that does not necessarily mean the fact that all people using Bactroban will experience it or any other.
- allergic reactions such as rash, hives, itching, breathing disorders
- pain in the chest
- swelling of the mouth, face, lips, or tongue;
- severe irritation;
- severe itching.
The side effects listed above may not include all of the side effects reported by the drug's manufacturer. For more information about any other possible risks associated with mupirocin, please read the information provided with Bactroban ointment or consult your doctor or pharmacist.
Bactroban Interactions: It is important to tell your doctor or pharmacist what medicines you are already taking, including those bought without a prescription and herbal medicines, before you start treatment with mupirocin. Similarly, check with your doctor or pharmacist before taking any new medication while taking this one, to ensure that the combination is safe.
Bactroban Additional Information: DO NOT SHARE Bactroban with others. DO NOT USE THIS MEDICINE for other health conditions. KEEP THIS PRODUCT, as well as syringes and needles, if needed during treatment, out of the reach of children. Do not reuse needles, syringes, or other materials.