Budesonide AQ Nasal Spray contains Budesonide 0.2% w/v, Potassium Sorbate BP 0.12% w/v (preservative)
Budesonide is a glucocorticosteroid with a high local anti-inflammatory effect.
Budesonide is prescribed for the treatment of:
- Prevention of nasal polyposis after polypectomy;
- Prophylaxis and treatment of seasonal and perennial allergic rhinitis;
- Vasomotor rhinitis and symptomatic relief of nasal polyposis;
Adults and children (over 6 years)
Once daily administration of Budesonide AQ (100 mcg/dose):
Two applications (200 mcg) into each nostril in the morning.
Budesonide AQ (100 mcg/dose) can also be taken twice daily (morning and evening), one application in each nostril.
The full effect of Budesonide AQ is achieved after a few days of continuous treatment.
Budesonide is contraindicated if you have any of the following conditions:
- Bacterial or viral infections;
- Hypersensitivity to budesonide or any of its ingredients;
- Ocular herpes simplex;
- Unhealed nasal wounds;
- Untreated fungal;
- 150 metered doses;