Each uncoated tablet contains Carvedilol 3.125
Each uncoated tablet contains Carvedilol 6.25
Each uncoated tablet contains Carvedilol 12.5
Each uncoated tablet contains Carvedilol 25
Carvedilol is prescribed for the treatment of heart failure and hypertension.
Congestive Heart Failure:
The recommended starting dose of carvedilol is 3.125 twice daily for two weeks.
If this dose is tolerated, it can then be increased to 6.25 twice daily.
Dosing should then be doubled every 2 weeks to the highest level tolerated by the patient.
Dosage must be individualized and closely monitored by a physician during up-titration.
The maximum recommended dose is 25 twice daily in patients weighing less than 85 kg and 50 mg twice daily in patients weighing more than 85 kg.
The recommended dose for initiation of therapy is 12.5 once daily for the first two days.
Thereafter, the recommended dosage is 25 once daily.
If necessary, the dose may be titrated up to a recommended daily maximum dose of 50 given once daily or in
Carvedilol is contraindicated if you have any of the following conditions:
- Bronchial asthma or related bronchospastic conditions;
- Cardiogenic shock;
- Hepatic impairment;
- Hypersensitivity to the drug, patients with nyha class iv decompensated cardiac failure requiring intravenous inotropic therapy;
- Second or third degree av block;
- Severe bradycardia;
- Sick sinus syndrome (unless a permanent pacemaker is in place);
- Blister pack of 10 tablets.