Dilantin compare prices
Price per pill, $
How to buy Dilantin
Tip: How to use 30% discount coupon code?
1. Click button "Buy" and go to online pharmacy
2. Choice Dilantin and click "Add to cart".
3. Go to "Checkout" and enter your credit card info.
4. Type or paste the coupon code "31122021" above in the "Discount Coupon" box and press button "Add".
5. Complete your online purchase.
Dilantin No Prescription
Dilantin is prescribed to control seizures in certain types of epilepsy. Dilantin is prescribed to prevent seizures during or after surgery.
Anticonvulsants are typically prescribed for the treatment of epilepsy and other diseases that cause seizures.
Anticonvulsants block abnormal electrical activity in the brain, which helps keep seizure signals from passing through the brain and getting to the muscles.
Dilantin belongs to a class of drugs called anticonvulsants.
Dilantin is contraindicated if you have any of the following conditions:
- An alcohol abuse problem;
- Asian ancestry;
- Blood disorders or disease;
- Heart problems;
- Kidney disease;
- Liver disease;
- Receiving radiation therapy;
- Suicidal thoughts, plans, or attempt a previous suicide attempt by you or a family member;
- Thyroid disease;
- An unusual or allergic reaction to Dilantin, other drugs, foods, dyes, or preservatives;
- Pregnant or trying to get pregnant;
Do not take Dilantin with any of the following drugs:
- Aspirin and aspirin-like drugs;
- Barbiturate drugs for inducing sleep or treating seizures;
- Calcium supplements;
- Cimetidine or other drugs for heartburn or stomach ulcers;
- Corticosteroid hormones such as prednisone or cortisone;
- Enteral feedings (liquid nutritional drinks or tube feeding liquids);
- Female hormones, including contraceptive or birth control pills;
- Drugs for mental depression, anxiety or other mood problems;
- Drugs to control heart rhythm;
- Rifampin, rifabutin or rifapentine;
- Sulfonamides like Azulfidine or Bactrim;
- Valproic acid;
- Vitamin D;
Dilantin Side Effects
Dilantin side effects that you should report to your health care professional or doctor as soon as possible:
- Allergic reactions like skin rash, itching or hives, swelling of the face, lips, or tongue;
- Breathing problems;
- Changes in vision;
- Chest pain or tightness;
- Dark yellow or brown urine;
- Fast or irregular heartbeat;
- Fever, sore throat;
- Loss of seizure control;
- Poor control of body movements or difficulty walking;
- Redness, blistering, peeling or loosening of the skin, including inside the mouth;
- Unusual bleeding or bruising, pinpoint red spots on skin;
- Worsening of mood, thoughts or actions of suicide or dying;
- Yellowing of the eyes or skin;
- Difficulty sleeping;
- Excessive hair growth on the face or body;
- Gastrointestinal problems (vomiting, nausea and constipation);
- A Fevercombined with a sore throat;
- Severeskin blistering as well as unquenchable thirst;
- Lead Toeasy bruising;
- Yellowing of the eyes and the skin;
- Clay-Colored stools;
Dosage is tailored to each individual's needs. Your doctor will monitor blood levels of the drug closely, particularly when switching you from one drug to another.
Standard Daily Dosage
If you have not had any previous treatment, your doctor will have you take one 100-mg Dilantin, Phetoin, Phenytoin capsule 3 times daily to start.
On a continuing basis, most adults need 1 capsule 3 to 4 times a day. Your doctor may increase that dosage to 2 capsules 3 times a day, if necessary.
If your seizures are controlled on 100-mg Dilantin, Phetoin, Phenytoin capsules 3 times daily, your doctor may allow you to take the entire 300 mg as a single dose once daily.
The starting dose is 5 mg per 2.2 pounds of body weight per day, divided into 2 or 3 equal doses; the most a child should take is 300 mg a day. The regular daily dosage is usually 4 to 8 mg per 2.2 pounds. Children over 6 years of age and adolescents may need the minimum adult dose (300 mg per day).