Dynacirc is a calcium-channel blocker. It affects the amount of calcium found in your heart and muscle cells. This relaxes your blood vessels, which can reduce the amount of work the heart has to do. Dynacirc is prescribed to lower high blood pressure.
Dynacirc is available in tablet form, strength 2.5mg.
Dynacirc is prescribed for the management of hypertension. Dynacirc is prescribed alone or concurrently with thiazide-type diuretics.
Dynacirc is prescribed to treat hypertension (high blood pressure).
Dynacirc controls high blood pressure but does not cure it.
Dynacirc slows the movement of calcium through cells, which has two results: (1) it decreases the speed at which the heart beats, and (2) has a widening effect on blood vessels.
This combination allows blood to circulate more freely around the body, lowering blood pressure and allowing the heart to work more efficiently.
Dynacirc is contraindicated if you have any of the following conditions:
- Liver disease;
- An unusual or allergic reaction to Dynacirc, other drugs, foods, dyes, or preservatives;
- Pregnant or trying to get pregnant;
- Tell your doctor and pharmacist if you are allergic to Dynacirc or any other drugs.
- Tell your doctor and pharmacist what script and nonscript medications you are taking, especially cimetidine (Tagamet), fentanyl (Duragesic), heart and blood pressure medications such as beta-blockers and diuretics ('water pills'), medications to treat glaucoma (increased pressure in the eye), ranitidine (Zantac), rifampin (Rifadin, Rimactane), and vitamins.
- Tell your doctor if you have or have ever had heart, liver, or kidney disease or a history of gastrointestinal obstruction (strictures).
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding. If you become pregnant while taking Dynacirc, call your doctor.
Do not take Dynacirc with any of the following drugs:
- Grapefruit juice;
Dynacirc side effects that you should report to your health care professional or doctor as soon as possible:
- Difficulty breathing;
- Dizziness or drowsiness;
- Fainting spells, lightheadedness;
- Fast heartbeat, palpitations, irregular heartbeat, chest pain;
- Swelling of the legs and ankles;
- Facial flushing;
- Weakness or tiredness;
- Dizziness or lightheadedness;
- Flushing (feeling of warmth);
- Fast heartbeat;
- Excessive tiredness;
- Upset stomach;
- Chest pain;
- Swelling of the face eyes lips tongue arms or legs;
- Difficulty breathing or swallowing;
Other Brand Names:
- DynaCire CR;
- Dynacirc CR;
- Transient hypotension;
- Sinus tachycardia;