Do not participate in potentially hazardous activities until you know how you react to this medication.
Norgesic is prescribed, along with rest, physical therapy, and other measures, for the relief of mild to moderate pain of severe muscle disorders.
Norgesic may impair your ability to drive a car or operate dangerous machinery.
Norgesic side effects that you should report to your health care professional or doctor as soon as possible:
Side effects may include:
- Stomach and intestinal bleeding;
- Skin diseases;
- Rapid heart rate;
- Dry mouth;
- Dilation of the pupils;
- Difficulty in urinating;
- Confusion (in the elderly);
- Blurred vision;
Norgesic is contraindicated if you have any of the following conditions:
- If fever or swelling develops;
- If you are sensitive to or have ever had an allergic reaction to the ingredients of norgesic--orphenadrine, aspirin, and caffeine;
- If you have a peptic ulcer or problems with blood clotting;
- If you have the eye condition called glaucoma, a stomach or intestinal blockage, an enlarged prostate gland, a bladder obstruction, achalasia (failure of stomach or intestinal muscles to relax), or myasthenia gravis (muscle weakness and fatigue);
- If you use this drug for a prolonged period of time;
Do not take Norgesic with any of the following drugs:
- The combination can cause confusion, anxiety, and tremors;
- It is especially important to check with your doctor before combining norgesic with propoxyphene (darvon);
- If norgesic is taken with certain other drugs, the effects of either could be increased, decreased, or altered;
Some older adults have experienced confusion when taking this drug. Your doctor may adjust the dosage accordingly.
The usual dosage of Norgesic Forte, which is exactly twice the strength of Norgesic, is one-half to 1 tablet, taken 3 or 4 times per day.
The usual dose of Norgesic is 1 to 2 tablets taken 3 or 4 times a day.
The safety and effectiveness of Norgesic have not been established in children.
Any medication taken in excess can have serious consequences.
If you suspect an overdose of Norgesic, seek emergency medical treatment immediately.