Vectavir is an antiviral drug. Vectavir is prescribed to treat infections caused by certain kinds of viruses. Examples of these infections include cold sores and herpes. Vectavir will not cure herpes.
Vectavir is prescribed to treat recurrent cold sores on the lips and face.
Vectavir is an antiviral agent. It works by attacking the herpes simplex virus that causes the infection.
Vectavir is contraindicated if you have any of the following conditions:
- Suppressed immune function;
- An unusual or allergic reaction to Vectavir, other drugs, foods, dyes, or preservatives;
- Pregnant or trying to get pregnant;
Interactions are not expected.
Vectavir side effects that you should report to your health care professional or doctor as soon as possible:
- Altered taste sensation;
- Dulled sensitivity to touch;
- Skin irritation or itching;
- Skin rash;
Other Brand Names:
- Increased serum lipase;
- Abdominal pain;